CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have made a major decision





Let me see...
This blog is all about ME~
ME...ME...ME...
I am age 45. For the past 12 years I have weighed about the same thing.
~HEAVY~

I have pondered about this for a long time and I have finally decided...

I am going to have Gastric Bypass Surgery.

My first appointment was on August 12, 2010. I attended a 4 hour class.

It was very interesting and very scary.
Honestly, I was really hoping that my regular doctor would not approve.

I have what is called Diabetes Insipidus. Not Diabetes.

Well, it took over a week to get an answer from my doctor and he said YES!

Oh my gosh!

Now, last year when I ran it by him he told me no. So again I thought this would be my way out.
Nope. He said yes!

So the way I was looking at it is if he said no then it was not ment to be.
If he said yes it was Gods way of telling me this is what I need to do.

So... Thank You, God!
Please keep me safe though this journey I am about to take.

I have several appointments that I have to go through.

August 30th I have an appointment with a Psychologist.

(I mean really, you have to have your head examined!)


Yesterday, they called and told me before I could have my endoscopy done I have to pay my 10%. So I gave them my VISA number. I turned around at my desk, with my hands on my head thinking "oh my gosh, I am really doing this."

I want to feel better.
Get off most of my medicines.
Not feel tired all the time.
Enjoy life with CJ.
Do things...Get off my butt!
I can not even picture myself small.
I have been over weight all of my life!


So...
8/30 I have Psychologist
9/3 Cardiologist (new)
9/8 Endoscopy
9/8 Pulmonary
9/9 Nutritionist (another 4 hour class)
Update:
10/1 Pulmonary follow up
10/7 Cardiologist follow up
Those are the appointments I have so far, I will let you know when I have more.

Now, I love comments but please keep in mind

"If you can not say something nice...Don't say nothing at all"

Please!

2 comments:

  1. with ya all the way hun *HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to you having this surgery. I will be with you every step of the way I really think this is the best thing for you I feel it will open doors that you have not been through in a long time. I will not say this will be easy but how many times have I told you nothing worth having is easy. God has blessed us in many ways he will help us with this also remember you may not think so but he carries us in all we do that is why you only see one set of foot prints in the sand. This is your chance to better your self I am glad you are going to take it love you for ever Mom

    ReplyDelete